If you happen to have just broken up with your boyfriend or girlfriend, I hope this post will help you move on. In this post, I will share with you my favourite quotes about moving on.
1. “There will come a day when I won’t think, miss or wonder about you anymore, but I guess today won’t be it” - Anonymous
The day that you no longer miss your ex will come soon. Do not force yourself to forget about the past in a single day. It’s simply impossible. Let your emotion burst out today.
2. “The best revenge is just moving on and getting over it. Don’t give someone to satisfaction of watching you suffer”
If you still could not move on and get over it, most probably your ex will know about it through some channels. Despite the fact that he may not want you to suffer, he will most probably be more satisfied knowing you still care about him. Although I am not a fan of revenge, you should stand up now so your ex will not think that you cannot live without him.
3. “You gotta stop doing permanent things with temporary people”
- You have to stop all the actions to contact your ex. The longer your daily actions persist, the longer your suffering will be. The best way to forget a person is to stop reminding yourself of this person. It is time for you to delete the phone number.
4. “Don’t hold on because you think there will be no one else. There will always be someone else. You’ve got to believe you are worth more than being repeatedly hurt by someone who doesn’t really care, and believe that someone will see what you are really worth and treat you the way you should be treated.”
If you hold the thought that there will be no one else for you, you are probably wrong. You have to believe that someone who really care about you will appear in your life. Moreover, the fear of being alone is not the reason of not ending a broken relationship.
5. “Just because you miss someone, doesn’t mean you need them back in your life. Missing is just a part of moving on.”
Do not have the illusion that missing a person is equivalent to needing the person in your life. Most of the time the truth is the opposite – you do not need that person. It is normal to miss your ex, but you have to regard that as a journey of moving on. You have to believe that a better life is waiting for you out there.
6. Last but not least, I would like to share my favourite quote about moving on. I heard about this quote from a buddhism story. This quote has helped me move on quickly in the past and I hope it works for you too.
“You only lost a person who does not love you at all. But he has lost a person that truly loves him. Whose loss is that?”
No matter you are reading this for yourself or your friends, I hope this post will be helpful to all of you.